Illustration, Art Journals, Photography, and anything that moves me!

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Bella, Topsy Turvey


Bella is my interpretation of a topsy turvey doll. She is made from duc fabric, gessoed with acrylics. She is approx 10 inches tall. Her sister on the other end has blond hair, while Bella has black hair. The duc fabric was a little difficult to turn, so next time I would probably use muslin. She wears a cute little skirt that can be turned depending what side you want her to be on. For now Bella keeps me company in my studio but soon she will be on her way to her new home.


6 comments:

Georgina said...

Tara,

She/they is/are wonderful. She resembles me right now!! LOL

Abrazos,
Georgina

sMacThoughts said...

Gosh, Tara, this is so wonderful. Double the fun. You are so talented!

Archie and Melissa said...

so creative and wonderful!

happy easter tara!

xoxoxo
melissa

Tara's Art Camp said...

thank you!

Happy Easter!

Ritobear said...

All your artwork is wonderful! I love this doll - modern take on a vintage doll :)

Tara's Art Camp said...

Thanks Tere, yes, my version of a vintage doll.