Illustration, Art Journals, Photography, and anything that moves me!

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

On my Bamboo tablet


As I mentioned in my previous post I have been working on my new Wacom tablet, "Bamboo". So far, I have learned how I can write text on photos and import and export them to blogger. My tablet came with Adobe Photoshop elements, which I am also trying to learn. I am thinking that I must be able to create the same writing with my tablet and pen inside of Photoshop, instead of working inside Windows journal. It's all very confusing for me,,, but I am learning it. If you have any thoughts on this I would love to hear them.

I bought the book "Teach Yourself Visually Adobe Photoshop Elements". I love these books, since I am a visual learner and learn by doing. There are many Teach Yourself Visually books out there. If you are a visual (and slow learner) like me you might give them a try.

On my learning list,,,, to be able to create my signature.

5 comments:

Cindi Myers said...

Very Cool! I want one too! I'm totally a visual learner, my mind just shuts down when I start to read directions but if someone "shows" me, then I can usually get it!
(Probably why I hated school LOL!)

marie-louise said...

I love photoshop!
Nice to take a visit here in to your blog:)

Fourborne said...

My husband brought me an IBM tablet pc and I purchased Photoshop also, I'm with you on figuring it out. I've watched a few YouTube video's that were informative but I feel like a very slow learner. I love your art and I'll be watching your progress with new technology.

Tara's Art Camp said...

Thank you fourborne, good luck on your progress.

sMacThoughts said...

I have my eyes on a Wacom tablet for my birthday this month...I'll treat myself. I had one so many years ago with a serial plug...that's how long ago. Learning new things is fun!