Illustration, Art Journals, Photography, and anything that moves me!

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Making an art doll or,,,creating my work in 3D

I really enjoy making art dolls. Some of my dolls were published in the first "Stuffed" magazine a couple of years ago. This doll is the first one I have made in a long time. I created her in the likeness of my paintings.
I start by painting faces on muslin. I use acrylics and spray with a finishing spray after I have created them. Then I cut the shape from fabric, in this case it is a nice wool that I had left over from other projects.

Then the face is laid out on the fabric, and I create the design.


Then I begin sewing the pieces together. This is the fun part! I hope to make more soon. They will be listed in my etsy shop soon.

6 comments:

La Cenefa said...

Cuantas sorpresas!
y cuanta belleza por aquí!

sarah said...

i love these dolls! let's see some more!

WingingIt said...

this is absolutely adorable...loving the faces!!!

Tara Ross said...

Thank you so much, more dolls coming soon!

Hands to Work, Hearts to God said...

I like making dolls too! Yours is interestingly cute! Patsy from
HeARTworks and
papemelroti

JENNY BAIO said...

Hello! I love her. Thank you for posting the in-progress photos. It was fun to see how she comes together.