Illustration, Art Journals, Photography, and anything that moves me!

Monday, July 12, 2010

What I am working on

I have been working on this piece all weekend. Well, not all, weekend, but I have re-worked it and re-worked it and I still am not quite happy with it. The good thing is,,,I can paint over it if I don't like it!
I wanted to paint on birch plywood,,, it has such a nice feel to it. Here are some photos that demonstrate leading up to what I have accomplished so far.

Step 1 - prepare the surface with molding paste and collage.

Step 2 - Gesso all over, let dry.


Step 3 - Paint with acrylic in random areas of the surface.


Step 4 - Add your art work. ... And keep adding..... until it makes you happy!!!

Tip = Use an old shower curtain liner to paint on, then you won't need to worry about getting paint on your floor!

So, I will keep working on this piece until it makes me happy!

xo...

5 comments:

Rebecca Anthony said...

Tara, OMG I am in love with this painting as it is right now! If you had a print of this I would buy it right now. It's absolutely incredible. Personally I wouldn't do another thing to it. This is my favorite piece of yours.....WOW!! Please let me know if you ever have a print or postcard of this image, it's really wonderful Funny enough I have been doing the subtle faces in the background of my paintings lately too(O:

Tara Ross Studios said...

Thank you so much Rebecca. How nice of you to say. Maybe I should re-think how I feel about the completion of this piece.

xo...

Dyche Designs said...

Love the eye in the background . . . great feature in the Mixed Media Stampington magazine by the way.

Eulalia Cornejo said...

beautiful! dear Tara, congratulations!

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi tara!
oh my gosh!
it is fabulous and i love seeing it come to life!
xoxox
m