Illustration, Art Journals, Photography, and anything that moves me!

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Artist Journal

I have been neglecting my etsy shop to be able to create more art in my art journal. I just love creating through each page and adding more,,,until I can finish and go on to the next one. These pages are about painting face profiles. I am really not happy with the way these came out. I need to work on face profiles more. I am obsessed with images with hearts in them right now, so a lot of my art has hearts. I tend to go with a theme until I get tired of it, and think of something else.

I think these characters have a lot of personality, but they just aren't "me" yet.   They had a need to be painted though, so here they are.  That is what journaling is about for me,,,exploring, creating, and becoming better at what I do.
xo...

3 comments:

Micki Wilde said...

I love how you describe your journalling process.
No matter how hard I try I just don't seem to be able to get the hang of journalling, i'm much happier painting on a canvas or canvasboard for some reason!!?

Micki x

Tara's Art Camp said...

I didn't think I could at first either! I started creating assemblage art, I thought I could only create in 3-d. It just takes practice, and not being afraid to try everyday!

Fourborne said...

You are a Stylish Blog Award Winner. I love your art. If you choose to accept this award tell 7 things about yourself that other bloggers don't know and pass award on to 15 of your favorite blogs.
Here is the widget to post your award:http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_nJQhIBWdPhI/TSr9pNiIbvI/AAAAAAAABwY/u9usm15L4NM/S220/stylish-blogger.jpg